About this Webinar
A webinar exploring legal and technical issues surrounding causation and coronary artery disease.
The content is split into three parts. The first part is a presentation by Per Laleng, an academic at the University of Kent, on the law of causation with particular reference to the application of Bailey v MoD.
The second part involves a presentation by Professor Kevin Channer on coronary artery disease and is followed by an interactive session where Professor Channer and Dr Stephen Saltissi provide evidence on a ‘hot-tubbing’ basis. The evidence explores causation in a fatal claim involving an alleged case of death caused by coronary artery disease. The trial provides a platform for analysis and discussion of both legal and technical issues in clinical negligence cases generally, and cardiac cases specifically.
- Charles Feeny, St Johns Buildings Chambers
- Wendy J Owen, St Johns Buildings Chambers
- Rebecca Sutton, St Johns Buildings Chambers
- Per Laleng, Lecturer in Law at the University of Kent
- Prof. Kevin Channer, Consultant Cardiologist
- Dr Stephen Saltissi, Consultant Cardiologist
We are grateful to Charles Austin for his help in writing the content of this webinar.
CPD points: 1.5 (SRA accreditation only).